da Vinci Surgery
If your doctor recommends surgery – either endometriosis resection or hysterectomy - to treat endometriosis, you may be a candidate for da Vinci
Surgery. Using state-of-the-art technology, da Vinci
® Surgery requires only a few tiny incisions, so you can get back to your life faster. The da Vinci
System enables your doctor to operate with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity and control. da Vinci’s
3D, high-definition vision system allows surgeons to see key anatomy with immense depth and clarity– critical to removing deep endometrial tissue implants.
da Vinci Endometriosis Resection
da Vinci Endometriosis Resection allows your surgeon to perform a thorough removal of deeply penetrated or widespread endometrial implants – while preserving your uterus. Unlike conventional open and laparoscopic surgery, da Vinci Endometriosis Resectionoffers the added benefit of computer and robotic-assisted technology, with the goal of minimizing the risk of your endometriosis returning.
da Vinci Endometriosis Resectionoffers women many potential benefits over traditional laparoscopy, including:
- Low blood loss1
- Low conversion rate to open surgery1
- Low rate of complications1
- Short hospital stay1
- Small incisions for minimal scarring
da Vinci Hysterectomy for Endometriosis – If you have decided to have a hysterectomy – removal of the uterus - you may be a candidate for da Vinci Hysterectomy, a definitive treatment for endometriosis. Potential benefits of da Vinci Hysterectomy compared to traditional open surgery include:
- Less blood loss2
- Fewer complications2
- Shorter hospital stay2
- Small incisions for minimal scarring
Potential benefits of da Vinci Hysterectomy compared to traditional laparoscopic surgery include:
- Less blood loss3
- Lower conversion rate to open surgery3
- Shorter hospital stay3
The da Vinci System is a state-of-the-art surgical platform with 3D, high-definition vision and miniaturized, wristed surgical instruments designed to help doctors take surgery beyond the limits of the human hand. By helping doctors to overcome the challenges of traditional open and laparoscopic surgery, da Vinci is changing the experience of surgery for women around the world.
- Nezhat C, Lewis M, Kotikela S, Veeraswamy A, Saadat L, Hajhosseini B, Nezhat C. Robotic versus standard laparoscopy for the treatment of endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2010 Dec;94(7):2758-60. Epub 2010 May 26.
- Landeen L, Bell M, Hubert H, Seshadri-Kreaden U, Hassebroek J. A Comparative Study of Four Surgical Approaches for Hysterectomy at a Single Institution: Outcomes and Costs of Robot-Assisted, Laparoscopic, Vaginal, and Abdominal Procedures. Pending publication June 2011, South Dakota Medical Review.
- In this study, surgeons treated patients with benign conditions that included endometriosis resection. Payne T. N. and F. R. Dauterive. A comparison of total laparoscopic hysterectomy to robotically assisted hysterectomy: surgical outcomes in a community practice. J Minim Invasive Gynecol, 2008;15(3): 286-291.
While clinical studies support the effectiveness of the da Vinci Surgical System when used in minimally invasive surgery, individual results may vary. There are no guarantees of outcome. All surgeries involve the risk of major complications. Before you decide on surgery, discuss treatment options with your doctor. Understanding the risks of each treatment can help you make the best decision for your individual situation. Surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may not be appropriate for every individual; it may not be applicable to your condition. Always ask your doctor about all treatment options, as well as their risks and benefits. Only your doctor can determine whether da Vinci Surgery is appropriate for your situation. The clinical information and opinions, including any inaccuracies expressed in this material by patients or doctor about da Vinci Surgery are not necessarily those of Intuitive Surgical, Inc. and should not be considered as substitute for medical advice provided by your doctor. All people depicted unless otherwise noted are models. © 2012 Intuitive Surgical. All rights reserved. Intuitive, Intuitive Surgical, da Vinci, da Vinci S, da Vinci Si, Single-Site, InSite, TilePro and EndoWrist are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intuitive Surgical. All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Content provided by Intuitive Surgical. For more information, please visit www.davincisurgery.com
PN 874293 Rev B 06/11 U 07/09/2012